News and Events:
Congratulations to Dr. Audrey McGowin Dr. McGowin was awarded the 2014-15 CoSM Teaching Innovation Award, for her development and implementation of a service learning course that incorporates hands on chemical testing of water out in the local community.
Audrey McGowin, Ph.D.
2001 - present, Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
1994 - 2001, Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry, Wright State University, Dayton, OH
1992 - 1993, Scientific Reviewer, ABC Laboratories, Inc., Columbia, MO
1991 - 1992, Chemist III, ABC Laboratories, Inc., Columbia, MO
1990 - 1991, Principal Investigator, ChemChar Research, Inc., Columbia, Missouri
1989 - 1990, Research Assistant, ChemChar Research, Inc., Columbia, Missouri
1991 Ph.D. - Analytical/Environmental Chemistry, University of Missouri-Columbia
1989 M.S. - Analytical Chemistry, University of Missouri-Columbia
1985 B.S. - Chemistry, Emporia State University, Emporia, Kansas
1. Air and Water Quality Assessment
2. Environmental factors affecting sea turtles.
To examine the potential of sea turtle leeches: Objectives include:
1) identification of species of leeches removed from turtles with and without FP,
2) analysis of FPTHV in leeches to determine viral loads and viral variant, and
3) do a statistical analysis of FPTHV viral variant, virus concentration, leech species, host species, location, and FP status of turtle.
Dr. Audrey McGowin